Saturday, September 04, 2004

Good in the sack, good as a snack

So, somewhere around midnight last night, through a haze of alcohol, I found this show on the National Geographic channel. It was about spiders.

I had just missed one on snakes. In direct opposition to the Jim Stafford song, I do like spiders and snakes. So, they're showing spiders. There are some pretty freaky ones out there. It was a really good show, and I learned a good bit about them.

Inevitably, they got around to the black widow. I had always known that that the male was smaller, and from the look of it, the female's like 6-10 times his size. I also knew that the get killed after the act. They actually showed it, and it was cool. The male even kinda rolls over on his back, "in order to reproduce for the longet time possible" and exposing his underside to her fangs.

She then eats him, or rather to use the term they were bandying about last night 'sucks out his life juices' to nourish her and the eggs she's going to produce.

So, this post is dedicated to the male black widow spider:

Good in the sack, good as a snack.

This is the first post of the day, and I'm sure there will be more. Haven't had my coffee yet, but I can smell it brewing. I'll be back.

Later,

T.

3 comments:

Beth said...

*cracks the fuck up* That is too damn funny. "Good in the sack, good as a snack" That is SO fitting!

Poor guy. Never saw it coming. *cackles maniacally*

;)

T.J. said...

Heh...glad you liked it.

T.

Beth said...

Okay, there was mention of another post. *drums fingers on desk* Well? Where is it? ;p