Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Brought to you by the letter 'E'

For no reason at all, I've gone ahead and taken the plunge again.

NaBloPoMo has started a series of monthly contests. They're handing down a monthly theme (which i think is opional).

The theme this month is letters.

This is open to the blogger's own interpretation, from 'Dear Someone'type letters to the actual letters of the alphabet.

Being the unique soul that I am, I figured since there are 30 days in this month, I'd do 26 posts devoted to the letters, and 4 devoted to letters.

Well, you know what I mean. Also, to be special and less-than-mainstream, I'm not going to go in alphabetical order (so trite) but in the order of frequency of use in the English language.

Which brings us to our current post. Did you know that 'e' is the most commonly used letter in the English language? Well, it is. So, without futher ado:




E,e (ē), n, pl E's or Es, e's or es. 1. The fifth letter of the English alphabet, a vowel. 2. Any spoken sound represented by the letter E or e, as in met, meet, mere, etc. 3. Something having the shape of an E. 4. A written or printed representation of the letter E or e. 5. A device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter E, or e.

I still find it funny that letters have actual dictionary definitions. As you can see above, they're pretty lame, and I'm sure that's the only one I'll use. You can just change the letter to make the def. work.

And speaking of work, it's time to get ready for it.

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: