Sunday, February 15, 2009

Waste not, want not.....

It has come to my attention, that in addition to making no big deal of v.d. (i never do) I also neglected to mention that there was a Friday the 13th, this past weekend.

I don't know if I've talked about it before, but I feel no particular dread on such days. In fact, I kinda like them.

You see, I usually have above average good luck on Fridays the 13th. Or is that Friday the 13th's.

Hell, I don't know, but it's irrelevant anyhow.

The fact that I don't know what to call it doesn't diminish it's truth, however.

I think the first one I remember being lucky when I was about 7 or 8 (im a bit fuzzy here could have even been 9) and this past one went pretty smoothly too.

I mean, it was little things...timing mostly.

We got bills paid, bought meat for jerky (post is coming soon), and got out in record time. We head to Wally World, and there's a space right up front. Pops go to Customer Service to buy a money order.

One person in front of him.

We wander around the store, I buy the 'secret ingrediants' for the jerky, and a couple other things. We head to the front of the store, and find a 10 item or less (we were both under) with only one person in front of us.

Again, out in record time.

Since we were both hungry, and there's a Mac Donalds in our Wally World (worst job ever?) we decided to grab a burger. I step up to the counter (nobody in front of me) and place our order. I go get sodas, put the order on the table. I'm not even a third of the way through my burger, and there's like 7 people in line.

I know, right?

It was a good day, and I'll tell you, I felt pretty lucky.

Oh, and just so you know, I forgot it was Friday the 13th until we got home from the store.

I think I was so obsessed with it being 'Sarah Connor' day that I didn't pay any attention to the actual date.

Buenos con queso,

T.

What I want, Part 15: Early Retirement

5 comments:

HoosierHerm said...

Hey You Slacker, If you had even glanced at My Blog on Friday, you would have seen a cool photo, (not Mine), and a Bar story about superstitions. It's not too late ! hehe,
P.S.,I've also started a new Blog about my Vietnam days, so check it out too while you're cruising !
Thanks, Herm

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

You know? I sorta love Frridays the 13th, too. I don't have any reason why, 'cept that I like things that are supposed to be creepy. And I generally have good luck. I mean, I AM royalty, one would expect as much...

T.J. said...

Herm: I've been busy. I'll get there, you know that I will.

PSP: Another 'strange coincidence' for us to ponder..... And in case you're wondering, I'm decendant from royalty.

Yes, really.

T.

Whiskeymarie said...

Come to think of it, mine was good too. Nothing exceptional, but good nonetheless.

Homemade beef jerky is de-licious. Yum.

Kelwhy said...

i like friday the 13th as well - i've always liked it - 13 is my lucky number! ;)