Thursday, March 12, 2009

Don't give me that shit.....

Another angry sounding title that has prolly put you on your guard, but NO!!

It's not scary here today. I just liked the sound of that one.

I'll tell you one thing though. I'm fucking glad it's Friday. Well, my Friday anyhow, and as y'all know, it really is all about me.

Didn't you get the memo?

I don't think I've mentioned it, but we recently went with a Charter bundle, the upshot of which was we got unlimited long distance calling, a DVR, and DISH network.

Should I tell you know what a DVR whore I've become? Well, if you know anything about my tech fetish, then I really don't have to. My favorite part? Well, we got 3 months of a couple HBO's and some either Starz or Encore channels.

That's right people, obsure, controversial, and completely uncut movies.

You know, the ones they only show once in a random month, and it's right when you have to go to your cousin's Bar Mitzvah? Yeah, well, now, I can just push a couple buttons, and watch it at my leisure.

Case in point: Diggstown. I'll bet not one of you reading this has seen that movie, and if I know any of you half as well as I think I do, you'd all prolly like it.


James Woods

Louis Gossett Jr.

Bruce Dern

Oliver Platt

Heather Graham

This is a serious cast, people.

In fact, I think I'm gonna go watch it.

Buenos con queso,

T.

RSOD: 11. The detected pedestrian rants.

3 comments:

HoosierHerm said...

Damn Man, that cast has some of my all-time favorite actors in it, In fact, I'm going to a couple of Movie sites right now, and see if I can find a freebie of it !
Thanks for the Tip !

Vee said...

Had to give up on Charter after we went thru 4 DVRs in 3 months. So we switched to U-Verse and it's the bomb and we have sooo much more room and lots more channels and receivers for 3 TVs at same rate we were paying Charter. Plus with Total Home DVR, any receiver can watch the recorded stuff which is currently 83 recordings at least half of which were from HD channels. Can also search guide by name -- it will try to match to movie title, actor, director and show you anything upcoming that matches. Pretty cool! Plus we can set recordings to record 5 addl min so we don't miss end of show. For some reason our Charter boxes were off by 1 minute so we'd get 30 seconds of prior show and miss last 30 seconds of show recorded (the next week's preview). U-Verse is the bomb-diggity!

T.J. said...

Herm: It's a great one.

Vee: I haven't had any problems with my DISH set up yet, but if I do, I'll check our U-verse.