Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ok, beauty. Like happy Boxing Day, eh?

Well, that's what they call it in Canada. The idea being (i think) that today is the biggest return day in retail, and everybody 'boxes' everything up to take it back to the store. You know, Boxing Day.....

Anyhoozle, on to the tales of gifts in disguise. My sister's living room is notorious for not having an easy way to tell the time. No clocks easily visible, none on the dvd/vcr combo, only 1, hidden on the mantle. Pops and I decided to give her a clock:



for Christmas. Of course, nothing in our family is that easy. We had considered re-wrapping the glasses mentioned a few posts back, but I was struck with inspiration. Sitting in the living room, it came to me: Why not make her a clock.

I mean a total ghetto clock, cardboard, numbers drawn on, but with a real clock works installed to make it functional. Well, I wavered on the numbers, and actually printed them out, but here is what she opened first:




I don't know what's funnier, the clock, or the fact that it actually works, and keeps quartz accurate time.

My niece we gave Ratchet and Clank:




I mean Ratchet and Clank:




Of course, just putting it in that box wasn't enough. Not by a long shot. We also added a couple pieces of 2 x 4, and rubber banded the game itself to a piece of 2 x 6, just to give the box sufficient weight.

I got a lot of little cool stuff, such as a bonsai garden kit, an origami with dollar bills book (i love folding money), and my mom gave me the one gift I really look forward to all year. 12 pairs of new socks.

Oh, and she also gave me something I've wanted for a while now:



Thanks again, Mom.


You see, I'm a pretty good cook, and I think with some practice I could be a baker as well. So, in a month or so I'll be a pastry chef, and if you want any yummy goodies...well, you'll have to beg.

Or at least send me an address to ship to.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.....

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Whoa. You mean COOK, not cook, hunh? I mean, cooking, for me, is opening up a can of Chef Boy R D and putting it in a pan and waiting while stirring until it is all gross and giving it to the boyz, who then say "mmmm". You are COOKING, much like my mother-in-law, to whom we gave a purple mixer just like yours!!! Merry Christmas!!! And you can cook for me any time, but what I really need is a clock...