Friday, January 14, 2005

And now, for something completely different....

Dear Jennifer,

I heard Elvis on the radio this morning, and thought of you. That I should think of you is no great thing, as hardly a day goes by that I don't think of you. The fact that it was Elvis is a bit strange, as he doesn't get much air play these days. I was still bouncing around stations, deciding what to listen to, and after The King, some boring commercial sent me to KOZZ.

I don't remember the song, but again, you were there. Next radio change, the same. Every station, every song. Even, surprisingly, the country station. Not that it's surprising that country would put you on my mind, but surprising that I was listening to in on a day when all I could do was think of you, is.

I think I thought about our whole relationship today. From first toast, to the hug I got from you last November. Lost in Golden Gate Park. The Concert. Sleeping on the beach in Mendicino. Yosemite.

I realized something today. I still love you. Not in the we're still really good friends as well as family sense, but really love you. I'm happy for you. He's a really great guy, and you guys have done an outstanding job raising Summer. I can't thank you enough for that.

I'm not sure that we'd still be together, if things hadn't ended as they had, and in that respect, if it had to end the way, and at the time it did so that we could still be friends, for Summer's sake, if not for our own, the I can live with it, but I'll miss you for the rest of my life.


With all my heart, I am forever your,

T.J.


I know you'll never read this, and that's probably best, but my new friends will. My girl-posse. Oh, and you James, if you really are reading this. And, dear friends I will ask you this: When next you hear a tale of a broken heart, think, however briefly, of me.

No comments: