Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Global weather patterns.

I don't know if any of have been monitoring or living through the monster storm that hit the West Coast, but I've just about had my fill of it.

Suse, I know you're in Socal, so you've had some of it, but here in lil ol' Carson City, we got somewhere in the neighborhood of 19 inches of snow.

Reno got hammered tho. They got like 3 and a half, and in some places, 4 feet. Yeah, and the best part is, they have no plows/plow drivers to clean up. There are some streets that haven't been plowed once since the snow flew.

Garbage pickup is like 3 weeks behind.

It's been a total balls up.

We're supposed to get a break from the precip, but it's gonna be fucking cold. Down to single digits in a few days.

The only thing nice I can say about the snow is that it makes Carson City look almost pretty. Most of the time, Carson is a dirty, dusty desert town. The snow hides all that, and gives the eye a break.

As long as you wear shades. Snowblindness is real, and no fun at all.

Work is ok. I want you to all do something for me tho. There is one local business, and a few people that work there that make my life a living hell on a nearly daily basis.

So, join with me if you will, and send silent hate vibes out to these two.

Oh yeah....the worst of all possible things has happened. An rl friend has told me that he's started reading my blog.

Not that it really bothers me, he knows me, and knows that what I say here is pretty much what I'd say anywhere, either in print, or in person.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is the day. Not 40 yet, but one year closer, and now, only one year away. Yes, on that day, 39 years ago, I came into this world.

I'm beat, hungry, and jonzing to read now, so I'm off to devour some more of Wolves of the Calla. It's the 5th of the Gunslinger novels from Stephen King.

Hope all is well with you all. Know that I'm reading you all still, just lagging on comments.

Later,

T.

No comments: