Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The answer is, in fact 42.

Now, if I just knew the fucking question.

If you aren't a Douglas Adams fan, you won't get that.

I fucking hate winter, have I told you that? I really do. It wasn't snowing today, but we had freezing rain, just to make things interesting. There were like 30 accidents in Reno, and around Northern Nevada. This has prompted me to give out with this little gem of wisdom:

Deification and the S.U.V.



Contrary to popular belief, buying a Toyota 4Runner, Ford Explorer, or even a Caddilac Esplanade does not make you a God, nor does it imbue you with any god-like powers.

I don't care if you paid $88,900 for a new Porsche Cayenne and equiped it with the best studded mud and snows available, added chains, and any other acoutremonts you can think of, if you hit a patch of ice while cruising along at 50, 60, hell, even 40 miles per hour, you're gonna spin out, and most likely cause an accident.

Maybe you'll get lucky. Maybe only you will die in said accident. Most of the time tho, there will be more than one vehicle involved, and you could very well end up with someone else's death on your hands. I think these assholes should have to explain to Johhny, or Janey why mommy's dead.

"So sorry honey, but I was just in such a hurry to get to work, and I'm so much more important than anyone else, I just figured it was my right to drive like the asshole I am, disregarding everyone else on the road. It sucks that your mom's dead, but it will make you stronger in the long run."




I need to see the fucking sun; soak it up, revel in it. Can you tell? I've been really depressed lately, and this kind of shit (culled from the traffic reports on the radio, and just watching the fucks drive around) just makes it worse.

I'm listening to Hemisphres right now. It's one of Rush's early albums, and I love it. Raw, energized guitar. Outstanding vocals (Geddy's got some voice) great story-type lyrics. Peart's drum work is unrivaled.

Have I mentioned that Rush is my fave band? I've seen them 9 times, and they're even my tatoo.

Guess I'm through ranting for now. See you on the flip side.

T.

No comments: