Monday, March 14, 2005

I was going to take a nap, but I changed my mind.

It was one of those days. I slept in (scheduled day off); drank some coffee; played eq.

-->ding 67 btw<--

My buddy B showed up and wanted to go fishing. The only problem with this is, I don't have a fishing liscense. Nor, sadly, do I have the 39 dollars to get one. I have been wanting to go take some pictures lately tho, so I told him we should go to Davis Creek, and he said ok.

He comes by, picks me up, and off we go. We stop at am/pm, and he buys me a 40 (yeah...so?) of MGD. He then proceeds to drive to the little pond in Washoe Valley, and not to Davis Creek. He says he wants to try this place first. We get out: some old guy out there fishing.

B asks how the fishing is, guy says if your using bait, you should go to Davis Creek. There catching lots up there, and they're bigger. B relents, and again we're off. We get there, and I tell him I know the spot. He walks up to the waters edge, and talks to the two guys out there fising. They've got a couple of nice ones. He wants to fish here. Again, we wander about; he tries 'his spot.'

I'm telling him I know where to fish.

Well, to make an immense story merely long, when he finally went where I was asking him to, he caught a trout I'm gonna say 14-16 inches. Maybe 1.5, 2 pounds.

Niiiiice fish. You can be assured, that fish will be consumed tonight. A nice lemon butter sauce, tons of garlic. I can taste it now. I've so got to get a digital camera.

Tagged too, by fish and game.

Pretty cool.

Oh, I also found a bona fide antique out there. I'm going to get my Mac up and running so I can scan it.

No, really.

That's where the title of this post comes from, really. I was going to take a nap, but, despite my weakend condition, I've decided to do something about my room.

This is not a light undertaking. I sign off now, and these may perchance be the last words we share, as my bedroom is a vast wilderness of disarray.

El bueno calypso,

T.

No comments: