Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.....

Due to a fear of jinxing it, I've been reluctant to report on a series of events that has just come to fruition. There's so much that happened, and some of it is so trivial that I'll just cut to the quick:

Yesterday, after a hellish final walk...my pennance, if you will, I hopped behind the wheel of the 'new' car, and drove home from my sister's house. It's a 87 Suburu wagon. Little white number...kinda boxy, but 4X4 so that's cool. No getting stuck on my way to work.

I think it needs a tune-up, or at least plugs and a fuel filter. Either way, it was affordably priced, AND it passed the test: You can turn the key and start it up. Not a bad little ride.



In other news, Carson City was rocked by a lightning storm last night. It was great. Great chaining ropes of electric fire in the sky. I think I got a couple pics, but I need to process the film.

Yeah, I said it. So what? You wanna make something of it?

Heh..but seriously, you need to use film to capture lighning reliably.

Work's going to be a little hectic for a bit. We lost a couple of operators, and I'm working 6 days next week. Prolly at least one week in the next pay period too.

....Sorry, L just called and we watched an episode of ATHF...

Ok....well, lots going on, lots yet to do. I'll snap a pic of the new wheels tomorrow, and post it.

This is tango fox delta, signing off.

T.

No comments: