Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day Redux

Ok....due to blogger being as fickle as a woman, this post (as well as the 1st fathers day post) is being logged on Monday instead of Sunday.

After golf, we dropped D back off at home, and I came home and took a much needed shower. Needless to say, I was quite tired. I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but I was awake at 6:00 am on Sunday.

And I was not happy about it. Couple that with the excercise, the sun, and the beer, and you can imagine how bushed I was. The shower helped with that and it felt good to wash the day off.

Dinner involved a bbq at D and Sis's house. Top sirloin, oven baked potato wedges, and grilled zuchinni. It was sooooooo good. I also watched Bruce Almighty while I was there, and after the movie, we had dessert. My neice (who has become quite the little baker) made a German chocolate cake, and we also had some vanilla ice cream to go with it.

By the time I got home, I could do little but crawl into bed and crash. It was a good day all around, but by the time I flopped down to sleep, I felt like I had been beaten up.

I woke up at 6:00 again this morning, and am still unhappy about it. I think I'll have to stay up later tonight and see if I can't get a later wake up call.

Oh, yeah. I had planned to flood the posts with photos from the day, but was saddened to find out that my batteries were dead in the digital. That'll teach me. I checked after we got to the course, and well...what can I say? I'm an idiot.

Ok...off to do some surfing.

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: