Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day

Where to start.....

Well, being a Sunday, we of course had breakfast at Sis's place. The waffles were very good today. As was the bacon and the ham. I stuffed myself like a Thanksgiving turkey.

My sister gave me a pound of excellent designer starbucks coffee, and my mom a card to go along with the 3 month NetFlix subscription that she got me. I think I forgot to mention that she did that for me. It's pretty cool so far. In fact, I'm watching The Bourne Identity even as we speak.

After breakfast, Pops, D (sis's S.O.) and I went and played 18 holes of golf.

I expected this to be a fiasco, but was pleasantly surprised. I haven't played in months, and was prepared to have a horrible day of it. Imagine my amazement, therefore, when I shot a 56 on the front 9 (good for me) and actually beat Pops for the first time ever.

We made the turn, and tho I didn't shoot quite as well (58), I was amazed to par the first par 3 on that side. If I were to have an arch enemy, that hole would be it. My usual procedure on that hole is to throw a ball into the water from the tee, and take my penalty and a drop. Today, however, I nearly birdied it.

To quote Maxwell Smart, I missed it by that much.

I'll take the par tho.

I'm writing this in a bit of a hurry as we still have a bbq to go to at sis's. And I'm already knackered, so I'll end for now.

Look for more later.....

T.

P.S. the above was supposed to have been posted on sunday but blogger crashed.

No comments: