Sunday, April 29, 2007

My day off from reality.....

Ok....This is late being posted, and I have to post again right after, but here goes.




As you may know, I've had a rough few months of it.
I've been to 4 funerals in the last five and a half months, and we won't even talk about the other 'life factors.'

Don't look at me like that....

You all have them, so don't pretend you don't understand.

Then there was the whole 'your-son-has-a-mass-in-his-brain-' thing that I just went through (hes fine btw came through surgery fine waiting to leave for home).

Then there was the thought of talking to them. ALL of them.

I just couldn't take it.

So, on April 23, I did something unprecedented: I called in sick.

Well, that's what they call it, but I really just took a 'mental health' day. There is no way that I would have been able to deal with it (plus i thought his surgery was on tues i hate living so far away). Lisa and I spend a rad couple days (and scotty rocked too) just hanging out and 'being' together.

Now, don't get me wrong. I've called in sick plenty of times. Sometimes I was sick, sometimes, I just needed to go to the beach, but in the 25 months or so at my current job, I'd never done it.

Hell, I've never even been late.

Anyhow, that's my personal hell.

How's yours?

Huevos y carne,

T.

No comments: