Thursday, September 09, 2010

So, I guess I can share the big news...

I didn't want to jinx it by saying anything about it, but Pops and I are moving.

It's not far, and it's just another apartment, but still....

It's smaller, of course, but the owner pays the utilities....and the rent's 50 bux cheaper....

That's kind of hard to beat right there.

Of course, that means I/we have to pack/sort/sell 9 years worth of accumulated crap...

I am not amused.

Hell, I packed a box tonight with somewhere in the neighborhood of 172 DVD's, and I think that's like half of the movies in here.

That doesn't count video games (playstation playstation 2 playstation 3 xbox) or the maybe 60 CD's I still have....lost my music in the war.....

I have so much shit to do.

Oh, if any of you care, it looks like my schedule at work may be changing. We've gotten a new Store Director, and he's got very specific goals and plans, so he's kinda shaking things up.

In any event, I may soon be leading a 'swinger's' life. I mentioned it when I first got hired, and some of you may call it second shift, but for me, it's always been swing shift.

I'd be working 4pm to 1 am. It's kinda harsh, but when you consider that you can do just about anything 24 hours here, it's not so bad. You just adjust your routine.

In case you're wondering, shopping at 1am is peaceful.....

However it all shakes down, I have at least 2 more weeks of dayshift, and then...well, who knows?

My days off may even change.

Eh.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd pop in and share.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck with your move! and work!
Hey, at least its a job, right?

HoosierHerm said...

I heard about the Move through Pops, when he and Bro' David were chatting last week. Sounds like a nice move, and closer to your J.O.B. too !
David and I plan to go down to southern Indiana next month, to see the autumn leaves in Brown County, which has this rustic little tourist trap town called Nashville. I told him that in addition to getting a lot of pic's of the scenery, that we would get you a soil sample from the State Park, which is pristine Old Growth forest, and one of the prettiest places in the Midwest. That, along with a picture of the colored Fall leaves will make a nice addition to your "Whole Earth" collection.