Friday, June 10, 2005

It's a conspiricy, I'm convinced of it.....

Every time I think I'm getting somewhere with my car, something happens to make me shake my head.

For example: Yesterday I went tool shopping. I bought a nice breaker bar, and a 27 mm socket so that I could try and turn my motor over. It's a fairly simple procedure on a VW. If you've got the hand strength and the right leverage, you can do it by hand.

Imagine my chagrin, then, to find out that, to quote Maxwell Smart I "missed it by that much."

That much being a mere 3mm. Those of you not on the metric system, or not familar with it may not know just how small a number that is, but there are about 25mm in an inch, so it's about 3/25ths of an inch.

Hell, I've got nose hair longer than that.

It's a hard knock life, for sure.

On a cheerier note, my guild did take down one of the tougher gods last night. A good end to a frustrating day, let me tell you.

Well, enough blather for today. If you are lucky, I'll post again when I get home. Peace out.

T.

No comments: