Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fire season is upon us again....

I really need to get my digital SLR so that I can get better photos. These just don't do justice to the actual event.










I've also been keeping some odd hours as we lost another operator at work. She just walked out the other night. I swear. Due to that, I've now been trained as a back up operator for the shift I lovingly call 3rd watch. Or graveyard, if you prefer. I had 2 nights of training (there's not really much to add to what I know just a couple reports to run) where I worked from 4:30-1:00 am, and tonight, I get to work from 9:00 pm to 7:00 am.

I'm psyched let me tell you. Of course, afterwards we still have breakfast at sis's so I'm sure by the time I get done with that I'll be a quivering pile of uselessness. She actually just called me, and I'm talking to her as I blog. She's at Wal-Mart buying business cards.

I'm hoping to be able to get some sleep later to make it through the shift. Well, we shall see.

Not alot else has been going on. There's the press for Dland, so I haven't had any 'fun money.' We've got the trip paid for, and now we're just saving spending money. If any of you are going to be in the L.A./Anaheim area during September, drop a line, and we'll hang out.

This means you, Sandra.

Also, I have a new mbl number, so if any of you want it let me know.

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: