Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shaun White is fucking SICK!!!

That poor boy has got a disease, and I'm not sure there's a cure.

I don't know if any of you know anything about snowboarding, or even if any of you care, but he took the gold medal again last night.

His first run was 45.8 out of 50.

Based on qualifying, he got to make his run last, and after a near-perfect run, he was sitting in 1st place, with a second run to go.

All of the others tried, and some of them improved their scores, but nobody got close. Shaun got the medal standing at the top of the half-pipe.

He was faced with a choice at that point, and rather than just loaf it down the run, he went even bigger and better.

He finished the run with a new trick, one he came up with himself.

It's called a Double McTwist 1260. I don't even know how to begin to describe the trick, so I'm not going to try. I'm sure if you want you can find a video of his 'victory lap' out there on the 'net someplace, and I highly suggest you do.

The run, while stunningly spectacular, and even more perfect (48.5) was just icing on the cake. He did it mostly for the fans, I think, and to show off his new trick.

There's an interview with him on MSNBC, and he's said that if things work out, he'll be in Russia for the next winter games.

Here's hoping he is:




Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: