Saturday, February 13, 2010

What's a 12 letter phrase for I'm not listening to you?

'I just hit mute.'

See, that's what I usually do when the commercials come on. Mostly because they're all so stupid and annoying.

It's not that hard to make a good commercial, but for some reason, the people making them seem to have some sort of brain deficency that makes them think that the more annoying something is, the more effective it is.

Well, let me ask you this: How effective can it possibly be if the only reaction it ivokes (in me and pops at least) is to immediatlely mute the tv and ignore the images on the screen?

Do you think I'm likely to use a company, or purchase a product that has been the source of constant annoyance for who knows how long?

Not fucking likely.

There are some out right now that I don't totally hate, but they're few and far beetween. The new Geico ones with the guy in the suit are pretty good. My fave is the 'Does a ten pound bag of flour make a pretty big biscuit' one.

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: