Thursday, April 08, 2010

I was up even earlier than usual this morning.....

But, it was at least partially my fault.

See, I set my alarm for 5, instead of the usual 6 am, as there was something I needed to do this morning.

So, instead of waking up at 5 (which is when i usually wake up) I woke up at 4:22. Needless to say, I just went ahead and got up, because trying to sleep for 38 minutes would have been a joke.

So, I can hear y'all asking me what in the world would have gotten me up that early this morning.

Well, I'm glad you asked. See, I downloaded an app from N.A.S.A. the other day. Among other things, it lists 'viewing opportunities' for sky-bound objects.

Case in point:




That, friends and neighbors, is the International Space Station as it tracked across my morning sky. Now, I didn't have my tripod, so the picture's a little shaky, but that white line is the path that the ISS drew as it headed from WSW to NE on it's way around the planet.

I'm going to try and shoot some video on Sunday, but I'm not sure how that will go.

Check back, if you're of a mind.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

So cool! Glad you got a shot of it. No way I would have made it up. :p

Kelly said...

Pretty cool! I love that kind of stuff. I dragged the whole family out to the back yard a couple years ago to watch the ISS go by with the Space Shuttle right along with it, which had undocked earlier in the day. Neato.