Friday, April 02, 2010

Thursday scores a checkmate....

While I was at work feeling sad and blue because of the radio, there was a scheduled 'area power outage' in my neighborhood.

I'm not sure why, or who, or anything, but suffice it to say that from 8am until noon yesterday, 'they' had the power off at my house.

Unfortunately, my computer was running at the time. I usually shut it down when I'm not using it, but I had a DVD burning when I left, so I didn't shut down.

In retrospect, I prolly should have.

See, when I got home last night and hit the power button, I got no response.

Nothing.

I'm guessing that the power surge/spike from the restoral of power lunched something. Maybe my power supply, maybe the motherboard, maybe something else. All I really know, is that I'm without a desktop right now.

I'll prolly see if I can fix it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to have to buy a new box.

NOT what I want to do right now.

Well played Thursday, well played.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I used to like Thursdays, but your Thursday disease might be contagious. Ah well, there's always... Friday!