Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Crissy Procedure...

The first time I heard that phrase, it was used in humorous fashion by Tammy.

I'm sure you remember Tammy. I've told you a lot about her. Well, Tammy had a friend named Chrissy. She was a wonderful person, full of life, full of love. I only met her a few times, but I liked her immensely.

She had a condition though. I don't know what it was called, but it involved the level of iron in her blood. Apparently, her blood didn't regulate itself correctly, and the iron would accumulate to deadly levels if not taken care of.

Just recently, she was trying a new drug. An experimental one. I don't have all the details, but the upshot is this:

On July 10th of this year, Tammy received news that Chrissy was in the hospital, and not doing very well. Of course she called to talk to her. They've known each other forever.

Well, while Tammy was on hold ( a very lengthy one) Chrissy passed away.

I was in tears as Tammy related this tale of woe to me on Sunday last. In fact I'm tearing up now as I type this.

Please join with me in praying for, and wishing good thoughts for Tammy, Chrissy's mother, and all those whose lives she touched.

I didn't know her as well as some, but I'll miss her forever.

T.

No comments: