Tuesday, September 15, 2009

For some of you, this is going to be old news, but.....

I have to tell you about something that happened on the Oregon trip.

It's kind of a long story, but I'll try and trim it down some.

Ok, so there was a bbq going on at sis's when we arrived, and the drinking began almost immediately. I paced myself, of course, as I knew I was going to be up early for the Jetboat Ride and there was no way I was going to spoil that with a hangover. I've got an upcoming post that's all about the boat ride, so this is where we skip around a bit.

It was early the next morning, and I was sitting in the kitchen drinking my coffee, when someone (family or friend i presumed) tried to come in the front door. Being the trusting sort, I got up and unlocked the door for him.

He came in, and we introduced ourselves. I said I'm T.J., L's brother. He looked slighly dumfounded, and introduced himself as James, 'L's step brother.' I imagine I had approximately the same look on my face at that point.

So, he was on the aforementioned boat ride, and we kinda got to know each other a bit. Later, we went to the 'party' portion of the party, and hung out some more. I can't tell you how many beers I drank, because again, I paced myself, but I was feeling no pain.

Everyone arrived home in a cab-driven alcholic haze, and we scoured the ice chests in search of the elusive 'leftover beer.'

Later, after things had kind of settled down and people were drifting off too bed, James was outside, enjoying the beautiful summer night.

He heard some rustling, and went to investigate. He was soon to discover that my sis's neighbor has horses. He nickered at them, and one of them came over. He was petting him/her, and thinking how cool it was, when he noticed the horse still had a harness on.

He leaned forward just a bit, and *SPING*!!!!!

His forhead bounced off the hot wire on the electric fence, dropping him to the ground like a fucking stone.

He knelt there, trying to figure out what the fuck happened...What am I, having a fucking siezure or something....heart attack...what the fuck's wrong.

So, he tells us this story Sunday morning over coffee, and everybody is just roaring laughter....I mean, it's mean, but c'mon...You have to laugh.

Just so you know, as new people came into the room...we'd let a few get in and then make him tell it again.

I must have heard it 5 times, and I laughed every time.

I want you to take a look at my new header pic. See, this is a picture of the fence. I did some extrapolation, and the way I figure it, his head must have hit the wire somewhere around the 'e' in Price.

On the left, you can see the bend in the wire fence where is left armpit hit it, holding him off the ground.

So, no matter how bad your weekend was, at least you didn't hit your forehead on an electric fence.

Buenos con queso,

T.

9 comments:

HoosierHerm said...

Now That's Comedy ! As someone who once pissed on an electric fence, and ended up falling off the tractor fender, with my back landing on the tongue of the disc I was pulling, I can testify that it Ain't funny when it happens ! But,my friends laughed about that shit for years.
I can't even imagine what it would be like on the forehead?, Maybe like some of the drugs I did in the Haight-Ashbury ?

HoosierHerm said...

P.S. Can't wait to see & hear More about the River Boat Trip !!
That link looked Great !

Anonymous said...

Well, I was going to say "at least he didn't pee on it" but I see Herm already stole that thunder. Still a funny story. So did that make him your step-brother?

WV: blumbl = short for blumblbeeee

T.J. said...

Herm: Should get the soundtrack to Ren and Stimpy. Has a song called 'Don't whiz on the electric fence.'

Q: Actually, he's her step half-brother, from her 1st step father. She's also my half-sister, so he's my Half-sister's-step-half brother.

He took the title from JP, my half sister's half brother.

Kelwhy said...

now that's funny stuff - i don't care who you are! ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll should be on Jerry Springer...

HoosierHerm said...

LMAO @ Q !! :-}

Q, I think 1 or more of them would have to have had Sex before they qualify for Springer !, also for Kentucky citizenship ! LoL

Anonymous said...

Hey, it coulda happened. I wasn't gonna ask!

T.J. said...

Kelwhy: I know, right?

Q: I know, right?

Herm: I know, right?