Monday, September 28, 2009

What a long strange trip it's been.....

There's a nod to the Grateful Dead for you.

Ok, so I said I was going to post pix, and, for once, I'm actually going to do it.

I know, right?

As I said yesterday, these will be a little different from standard vacation pictures.

This year, rather than drive to Dland in a single haul, we opted to take the slower, more scenic route. This gave us a chance to go to the beach. It was there that I snapped this:



Since I was driving this trip, I didn't really shoot any other pics until we got to our destination. This year, we stayed at the Paradise Pier, and I thought it cool that they projected images on the tower....



While wandering around shooting these, I also came upon this:




I'm also stoked to say that we stayed on:



We had a pretty good time this year, even though things were a bit different. It's kinda hard to explain, but things were just...different.

Have you ever ridden Big Thunder Mountain:



It's one of my faves.

And I wish there were a way to get a panorama like this:



in Dland proper, but here's one of California Adventure. The track you see in the forground (you did click it yes) is Muhullond Madness, which like most rides at the parks, does not allow break dancing:




So, there you have it, pictures, just as promised. I have others, of course, and many more stories to tell, but that'll have t' do y' fer today.

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool photos! I still don't get the original message they were trying to portray in the "break dancing" sign lol. Keep your limbs in the vehicle at all times?

HoosierHerm said...

Whao ! Great Pic's as usual ! Love the Beach shot, It's got it all, Man,.Birds in formation, Big Sur environment, ie;Misty fog, rugged rocks,seaweed strewn rocky beach,etc.), That upper part reminds me of looking up at the golf course at Pebble Beach ? Is this south of Carmel ?
"Q", That sign is, "Not responsible if your rug-rat leaps from the ride,Please keep a tight grip on their sticky paws!"
Anyway T, I also enjoyed the one where somebody drove his 12 foot 1 inch RV under the canopy !
Can't wait to see more, Glad everyone had Fun, and You are home safe !

Kelwhy said...

no breakdancing? damn. oh well..

glad you stayed on the 13th floor too - that's cool - i always love that.

love the pics! sounds like a fun time!

T.J. said...

Q: Please remain seated with your arms and legs inside.

Herm: Always know your clearance.

Kelwhy: Yeah, it was a hoot, but then it always is.