Sunday, July 06, 2008

I was shocked to the point of disbelief.....

Traditionally, (and by that i mean the last 10 years or so) Carson City's fireworks show has sucked.

Hard.

I mean, I understand the reasons. We're a small city, and the shows are (so im told) privately funded, and I don't know, a myriad of other reasons are always profferd to explain why our show sucks so bad.

I think last years lasted somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 minutes.

I shit you not.

This year, expecting disappointment, but determined to get some pix, I headed around the building and set up my tripod. Imagine my surprise when the show was not only good, but lasted nearly half an hour.

I almost soiled myself.

I was going to put photos on here, but decided instead to just put them on flickr. Right click on this link, open it in a new window, and enjoy....

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I know, right!?!?!? I was feeling kinda sheepish about dragging the family out again this year, fighting the traffic and all, for another 8-minute fireworks display. But this year was pretty damn awesome. It lasted so long that my youngest actually lost interest at some point. You posted some very pretty fireworks shots. Mine came out pretty shitty!

Kelwhy said...

great shots! i love 'em! fireworks are my fave! ;)

Beth said...

Maybe I just dreamt that I posted a comment...

Or was that a text? HA!

Who knows anymore!!

Yes, lovely.