Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On a good day, my commute is about 1 song long...

In fact, I'm not even sure I can call it a commute, which I suppose means I don't really have much to bitch about.

But where's the fun in that?

You might think it's a blessing, and in many ways it is. I just checked the time on the last song I remember hearing that started when I got in my car and ended as I got out at work.

It's The Spirit of Radio by Rush. The time listed on iTunes is 5 minutes, so you see, I'm not stuck in traffic for hours on end, fighing for every inch. I have it pretty easy.

Except for the radio. Now, I may only be on the road for 5 minutes, which I suppose is the average length of a song, but if all 3 (ok 4 if you count the country station) are playing songs that I don't like, or Heaven forbid, commericials, I'm fucked.

Oh, and it's actually 3 stations, because my favorite station KOZZ, took off our local dj's morning show and put on the Rob, Arnie and Dawn show, so I don't even listen to the station in the morning. Those 3 are a bunch of pretentious assholes, and I won't dignify their 'career' with my attention.

So, that leaves me at best 3 chances to find a song I like. I hardly ever put on the country station, not because I'm not a fan, but because it's pretty much there in case I can't find a rock song to listen to. That leaves me 2 stations, The Bandit, or The River.

The Bandit is classic rock, and The River claims to play 'rock and roll hits from the 60's and 70's' though they do play a smattering of older and newer stuff as well. So, I've got about a 70/30 chance of finding a song to listen to on the way to work.

There's more that I want to say, mostly about radio and how it's done, but I can't really get it straight in my head, so I guess this post will be continued....

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh how I love it when you post.

It makes me all melty inside.

:D

Happy HUMP Day!!!

*hump*

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

I do envy your commute, except (and don't hate me for this... my car isn't moving at the time)when would I put on my make-up and make all the phone calls I don't have time to make while I am at work?

I'm sorry that this is true. And, if I ever get around to my punk compilation CD, I'll send you a copy...

Kelwhy said...

ok - i did it. i went out at lunch and bought this...

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hitchhikers-Guide-Complete-Novels/dp/0517226952/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_2_img?pf_rd_p=304485601&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-2&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0517149257&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0NBGXQWBHA89Q3A8JHCB

YEAH for me! ;)