Saturday, December 05, 2009

They're kiiiinda freakin' me out....

Let me ask you something.

What's the latest you feel comfortaboe calling someone?

For me, it's right about 9:00pm. I'm not sure why, really. I mean, I, and most of the people I know, usually stay up pretty late. Well, by some people's standards.

I mean 10 o'clock is late to some people, but if I'm playing EQ, there's every possibility that I'll be up until midnight, and if I don't have to work the next day, perhaps even later.

I don't really have a problem with my friends calling later in the evening, but it kinda bugs me. I'm not sure why, really. I mean, if I'm up it's not really a problem, and I'm usually up, so....

There are, of course, 3 notable exceptions to the above. Tammy, J, and L all know that at any time, for any reason whatsoever they are allowed to call. It's the bond I have with them.

I also know that it cuts both ways.

Now, that was a lot of set up for this, but I got a phone call at 8:48. Not only is that edging towards 'late phone call time' for me, but it also came during a movie.

As always.

Michael and I were watching Zombieland when the phone rang. Bewildered, I got up to see who it was, and saw on my caller id *77-xxx-xxxx and said fuck that, I don't know them. I'm not answering.

Less than a minute later, my cell rang.

Same number.

I go to answer it, and miss the call. I call back, and yes....

It was The Vampires. Has it been 6 weeks already?

Guess I'll be donating blood again soon.

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

8pm and I start getting cranky that someone is calling. 9pm and after I won't answer the phone, if it's important, they'll leave a message. :) How was zombieland?

T.J. said...

Andie: Zombieland was fucking awesome. It's tough to do a zombie movie these days, just because it's been so done, but it was funny ala Shaun of the Dead, and all the actors put in great performances.

I highly recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Vampires & Zombies? You do realize Halloween is over & it's time to move on towards Christmas now, right?

{I'm being sarcastic, btw. Thanks for donating blood!}

T.J. said...

Q: There's no wrong season for zombies, and the vampires called me. I'm just trying to slog through.