Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Well, I figured out why I was so tired.....

Or discovered a contributing factor anyhow.

See, I've had a nassty head cold/sore throat/generally pukey existence for about a week now. It hasn't been fun.

Not even a little.

I promised you pictures, and now you may be sorry you asked....

See, I had like 15 that I wanted to post. I considered a collage, or doing it in parts, but I decided fuck it.

I did whittle it down a bit, though.

If this post's too long, well, tough tittie, as the kitty is reputed to have said.

Without further ado, I present Thanksgiving day in pictures:

The ever-present salami roll ups:




Spinach Dip:




Crackers:




The cheeses I spoke of:




Brussels Sprouts ala Strathman:




My Mom's Candied Yams:




The Main Attraction:




My 1st run at it:




The finishing touch:



Well, there you have it, Thanksgiving dinner in 8 pictures. I can assure you that it all tasted as good as it looked....

I'm full again just from posting about it.

Buenos con queso,

T.

6 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

It all looks fab, but those brussels sprouts look de-lishus. I like that there is a high bacon-to-sprouts ratio present there. Yum.

Anonymous said...

That is one YUMMY looking bird. I had 3 baked & 1 fried one last week. Well, not like 4 whole birds... Anyways, I don't think I've ever had brussels sprouts. I have no idea how to cook them.

Shanster said...

Brussels were the new "in" thing this year... everywhere I looked brussel sprout recipies. I wanted to try but Furry Husband is afraid of most green veggies and I couldn't talk him down.... maybe next year.

Cheers!

T.J. said...

Whiskeymarie: Well, you of all people should know, it's all about the bacon. I used a half a pound to..I don't know how many sprouts, and a medium yellow onion.

Q: It's really easy. I can give you the recipe if you like. Let me know.

Shanster: Tell him it has bacon in it. Maybe that will sway him.

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time getting my youngest to eat different veggies, but she LOVES bacon, so maybe I should give this one a try!

T.J. said...

Q: Bacon makes everything better.