Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I love Chiropractice....

The promised 'later' post.

After I got to work, the act that my back/neck/shoulders was putting on became a full-fledged stage show. I made it until noon, a grating, groaning 5 hours, and then I bailed.

I had to walk to my Chiro, but as it wasn't my lower back bothering me, no great shakes. I was laying there in his office, the heat blanket draped over my neck and shoulders, just drifting....

I either dozed off, or was just on the verge when Dr Mark popped in. If I haven't mentioned, I've known Dr. Mark for somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 years now. Long before he was a chiro. A typical visit to his office goes like this, today included:

1. I walk, unannounced, into his office, and sign the sheet.

2. I wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes, and I'm led into a room. The heat blanket shortly follows.

3. Dr. Mark comes in, asks me about Pops (they used to work together, thus the method by which I know him), and adjusts me.

4. I walk out the door, adjusted, happy, and no shorter on cash than I walked in.

So, there I am, nearly comatose, and in he pops. We chat a bit, I regale him with my coming vacation (i'm so looking forward to it), and we agree to get together for some golf soon.

I walked out of his office with a spring in my step, and a smile on my face. I still can't turn my head all the way to my right, but almost. And the shoulder pain is totally gone.

I feel bad when I go tho, and I guess that's why I don't go as often as I should. I mean, he's never charged me, and he's like a uncle to me, but I've always felt like I'm taking advantage of him on some level.

I'm prolly just to sensitive about it.

I'm going to leave you with this though tho:

Somewhere out there, is the world's worst doctor. Bottom marks in every class, just barely made the grade....The scary thing?

Someone has an appointment to see him tomorrow.....

Casa del cerveza,

T.

No comments: