Friday, October 15, 2004

Random thoughts for a Friday

As you may be able to tell, J is carless today. Thus, tho I will suffer by not eating, you all get some new crap to read.



That which we call a rose...

Much like ASB I'm a freak for music. While working, I almost always have my headphones on. In an attempt to seem semi-social, and as one of my secondary jobs is to answer the phone if noone else can, I usually keep the volume at a low to moderate level.

There are some songs, however, that require volume. Notable titles include 'Welcome to the Jungle' by Guns and Roses, 'Simply Irresistible' by Robert Palmer, and side one of '2112' by Rush. There are more, plenty more, and I'm sure you all have your faves.

The problem I run into is this. Almost without fail, when one of these comes on, either by design, or just in the randomness of the day, and I roll the little wheel to ear-bleed setting, someone decides to come talk to me.

Sometimes it's my boss, sometimes another employee. It doesn't matter. I have to turn down the volume, pause the song, and deal with....something. I will then restart the song, and re-crank the volume...and usu get interrupted again.

Geez, people. I've been sitting here all fucking morning, and you wait until I'm right in the middle of a good tune to come bug me.



A picture is worth a thousand words...

The photo requests are coming in, and that's a good thing. A couple of you have doubled up on requests tho.

Kat: Naked already asked for my hands, so you get another one if you want.

Suse: Naked also asked for my hair, so you can pick another, too.

Also, she's the only one that asked questions. If none of you have any to ask me, that's fine too, but you may not get another chance....(grin)



Lord, what fools these mortals be

It's Friday, of course, and I'll be out drinking and gambling. I've had pretty atrocious luck lately though, so I'm not expecting much. You can never tell when you're luck's going to change tho, so we'll see.

I have to do wood this weekend. I'm also in the process of swapping rooms with Pops. I have way too much stuff for the small room now. Soon, I'll have a kicky new computer desk set up. If I can ever find the fucking time to get anything done, that is.



To sleep, perchance to dream

I don't know. I've had Shakespeare quotes bouncing through my brain all week. I'm getting ready to sign off, as I'm at the library, and there are people waiting for 'puters. Damn, but I'm a nice guy.

Fucking makes me sick.

Look for drunkeness later.

Pantalones del gato,

T.

No comments: