Friday, July 22, 2005

I read too fast

Yeah, that's right, I'm done with the new Potter book already.

500+ pages, and it took me two days. I got it Tuesday, and started it before I went to work. I finished it last night, somewhere around 3:00 am. I was going to stop earlier, but I got to that point...the story was moving fast, LOTS was going on, and I had about 1/2 inch of pages left.

Comes a time when you just say 'fuck it', and finish it off. Of course, I'll now start on the second read. I usu read a new book at least twice, because my eyes tend to jump down the page when the story gets too wordy. Once I've read it tho, and know what's going to happen, I can slow down, and relish all the minute details.

I'm still at only 2 typos, but may find more on the slow read through. I don't know if any of you read the books, so I won't spoil it with any big reveals, but some VERY shocking things happened. If you read them, shoot me an email, and we can discuss it privately.

On another note, it's been so fucking hot here lately. I've taken to carrying work clothes in a bag, and wearing shorts and tank to walk to work in. I'm still sweating like a whore in church by the time I get there tho.



Well, been surfing and trying to come up with something else to say, and I'm drawing a blank.

See ya in the funny papers,

T.

No comments: