Thursday, July 14, 2005

I talked to Mr Spock yesterday.....

That's right baby, Leonard Fucking Nimoy.

He lives in Lake Tahoe somewhere, a fact I've known for years now, but not something I think about regularly. It was a routine office message, as most of the calls I take are, and I didn't bother him by being all 'fanny' on him, but it was kinda cool nonetheless. It went something like this:

"********** ************, this is T.J., how may I help you?'

"I'd like to leave a message for *** ********."

"And your name?"

"Leonard."

"Last name?"

"Nimoy."

"Well, Hello."

"Hello."

"Phone number?"

"***-***-****."

And then he left the message. Nothing of note, but still.

It's kinda funny in another way, because when I move to the big desk in the center of the room, usu when it's down to me and the other 9:00 person, I often comment on how I feel like Captian Picard, or Captain Kirk.

Imagine me doing a bad Bill Shatner.

Captains log, stardate 2443.51, the crew is pissing me off. They are laughing at me behind my back, I know it. I think I'll flush them all out into space.

You know, that kind of corny thing, and yesterday was no different. And then, I get to talk to Mr Spock.




On an unrelated topic, an anniversary of sorts has come and gone, all unaknowledged. The 11th of this month marks the 1 year mark for this blog. Strange really.

Well, almost time to head out, so I'm gone for now.

T.

No comments: