Friday, July 01, 2005

Some people are alive simply because killing them is illegal

Now, I want it known that I'm a procrastinator of the first blood. In fact, truth be known there are several things I should, or at least could be doing right now that would be more productive than this, but I'm putting them off. I'd even go so far as to say were we to get around to making a country just for procrastinators, and if we could find the time to hold elections, I'm sure that I'd be declared King of Procrastinatia by general proclamation.

I would think that those of you that read this regularly know that I live in Nevada, and perhaps even that I live in Carson City. This, for those of you that don't know, is a mere 35 miles or so from Lake Tahoe. Now, CC is not much of a vacation destination, and it never has been. Tahoe, on the other hand, well, I scarcely need to tell you that hordes of people converge there for special events, including, but not limited to: Labor Day Weekend, Memorial Day, New Years Eve, and the subject of my current rant, The 4th of July.

Now, I don't have the numbers, but I do know that for the big events, all the resorts sell out. And believe me there are plenty of them up there. It may not be immediately obvious why I'm on the jag, but then, you didn't have my day at work yesterday.

Forget that it was a Thursday. Forget that we were busy as fuck all day long.

All you need to know is that once 5 o'clock, traditional quitting time as far as I'm concerned, passed, almost every 3rd call was to one of the resort rental agencies, wanting to know if they had any rentals for the 4th.

What, are you a fucking idiot? First of all, call during business hours. Secondly, when I tell you that I only answer their phones, don't proceed to ask ME if I know about any rentals, and for fuck's sake, don't call 3 fucking days before you need a rental.

Your best bet for getting a rental in Tahoe for the 4th is to call on the 5th, and pray to God Almighty that they aren't booked for next year too.


That being said, I can now relax.

I think I've decided to get a digital camera, and damn the rent. I see something almost every day that I'd love to share with you all, and it saddens me that I can't.

Oh well, I smell a shower coming on.

T.

No comments: