Sunday, October 23, 2005

Assassinations, boobies, and tons of free booze...

Whew...

What a couple of days. I got a call Thursday at about 12:30 pm, as I was leaving the house to go shopping before heading in to work. The call was from Lynette, a lady I've known since High School.

She dropped a bomb on me.

As it turned out, my best friend from High School was getting married. On Saturday. Yeah, that's right...Yesterday. I was at a loss. I would have no way of attending the bachelor party (Friday night) or the ceremony (Saturday afternoon) as they both conflicted with my work schedule.

I won't go into the gory details, but after some quick begging, and a promise of indentured servitude, I managed to get an early shift on Friday which let me out of work at 2:30 pm. That gave me plenty of time to get to the bachelor party. I also managed to weasel Saturday off. I was stoked.

I met Greg at the bar. That's a 6000 gallon aquarium. Greg and Pat, another friend, and I had a couple drinks together, and shot the shit. After a bit, I met the father of the bride. In the men's room.

Don't ask.

We were then treated to dinner. The food was fantastic, and there was an open bar. Happily, we had a dd, so I was drinking like a fish. After dinner, we made our way to Harrah's to see their topless review Bareback. That's where we saw the boobies.

Needless to say, we did our level best to get Greg hammered, and we have photographic evidence that we were successful.

Hurl.

The funniest line of the weekend came from Brushman. After viewing that photo on the screen on my camera he said 'It looks like Murph got assassinated.' We were all laughing so hard we couldn't see.

The best man was literally on the floor.

We got him to the church on time though and all was well. The reception was good... Tons more food, and another open bar. As I didn't have it in me to crash on another floor, I took it easy on the booze so I could drive home.

All the best to ya Greg.....

I'm out.

T.

No comments: