Thursday, May 07, 2009

Ok, so I've been a crappy blogger lately.....

See, it all started Monday.

Dave the roomie flew in Monday night from his trip back East, and I was his ride back from the airport. I had to go to Reno to get him, which is like 30 miles from Carson, but it's not a bad drive.

Except it was Monday night.

There's a 9 mile stretch through 'the valley' where high winds are the norm. Most days, the wind is annoying, but not really dangerous. Some days, the lighted signs warn 'campers and trailers not advised.'

Monday night, we had the 3rd option, which is 'campers and trailers prohibited.' Now, when they post this warning, they mean it. Have you ever seen a big rig that's been blown over by the wind?

I have. It happens every year, because some fucking jackass disregards the warning, and gets fucked over by the gusts.

Well, Monday night saw not only gale-force winds, but also a driving rainstorm. There were times when I, driving at a sedate 50mph, was passed by cars going 70, if not 80. As I was in the slow lane, the actual passing didn't bother me, but the sheets of water flying out from under the vehicles and totally obscuring my lane (and the painted lines on the road btw) were not conducive to a happy ride.

As you can tell by the fact that I'm posting, I not only made it to, but also home from the airport.

Now, the upshot of this whole story is that I remembered to blog Monday night...when I was at the airport 30 miles from home.

So, that was the 1st missed day.

The second day, I said fuck it. I've already missed a day, and since I've already fucked up NaBloPoMo this month, I'm going to take another day off.

Yesterday was an accident.

I totally planned on posting, but when I quit out of EverQuest and looked at the clock, it was already after midnight (how pathetic is that) and, much to my dismay, I'd missed another day.

That brings us to today.

As you can tell, I'm posting, and as it's a Thursday, I suppose I'll post a HNT photo for you:




Some of you will notice that this pic has been posted before, and some of you prolly wont. Either way, it's a picture, and it's of me, so deal with it.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

I take it you're feeling better then? :) I was going to email you today to check in. Glad you posted!