Saturday, May 16, 2009

PSP lied to me.....

Lied, lied, lied....

I won't go into all the gory details, but my day ended by having my mechanic tell me that my fuel line and filter were leaking, and my car was unsafe to drive because it could catch on fire. He's totally going to fix it for me (its great having a mechanic on staff) but unfortunately, he can't get to it until Sunday, as the shop's work comes first.

So, I left my car at work, and took the long walk home. Not that I mind walking you understand, Walking is fine with me at the worst of times, and is sometimes a preferred mode of transport. I usually prefer to know about the walk ahead of time, however. That way, I can grab my iPod.

One reason in particular that I don't mind walking is that it gives me the chance to find things on the ground.

As a boy (and even today) I have a tendency to pick up things I find on the ground. Well, unless it's roadkill or something. I tend not to play with dead bodies. Unless, unless I'm playing Everquest, of course...but, I digress...

My walk home isn't bad, (i think it's about 2 1/2 miles), but I started the day tired, and working 8 hours hadn't significantly improved my energy levels. So, walking home, sweating(it wasn't sweltering, but it has been warmer lately), and getting dusty (of course the wind was blowing its carson city) I found exactly nothing on the ground.

That, combined with my car news, and the other little crap that happened, made it just as bad (if not worse) that the previous day. , and I suppose I could have called someone for a ride, but I'm kind of a martyr, if you haven't noticed.

So, PSP, while I thank you for your good vibes and positive thiking (i believe in both), you should know better than to try and overcome the power of Thursday.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

You are right, I should have. I forget how influential Thursdays are for you.

I'm sorry! Smooch.