Friday, November 27, 2009

A 747 has a smaller cockpit.....

I know, I know, it's bad.

Most blonde jokes are, you know.

Ok, so I should have posted photos yesterday, and, failing that, I should have posted them today, but I'm not going to.

I'll give you a brief rundown, and then, perhaps you'll cut me some slack about the lack of photos. I will be posting them, though, I assure you.

We'll start with yesterday. As most of you did (im guessing) yesterday was spent in various rites of gluttony. We had everything from cheese (spreadable and slices) and crakers, and cold shrimp with coctail sauce (pops makes killer cocktail sauce) as appetizers to candied yams and sauteed brocoli for main courses.

We had mashed potatoes and gravy of course, as well as stuffing (both in bird and out), and of course, turkey. For dessert, we had three kinds of pie. I got
photos of all the stuff in prep and plated stages, but as I've said, you'll have to wait for those.

We got home around 8 or so, and I promptly passed out. I woke up around 10:30 or so, and made the long walk up the stairs to bed. As usual, walking from the living room to my room woke me up enough that it wasn't easy to fall asleep, but I finally did.

The 1st time I woke up, it was still dark, but as we'd planned to be at Wally World at 3 am, I fully expected to see dark when I woke. What I didn't expect was to see the numbers 11:40 on my phone when I checked the time.

Nor the 1:05 the second time I woke up.

Or even the 2:05 the third (and last cause i said fuck it and got up) time I woke up.

We made it to Walmart pretty much on time, and Mike and I were 3 and 4th in line for the t.v. that we were after. They started selling them at 5, and we had ours in the car by 5:25 or so. A quick run back into the store for movies and a vid, and we were done. Total time: 42 mins.

We dashed home, dropped our swag and headed for Target. It was a near thing, but we both got our hard drives, and Mike eagle-eyed Cuthroat Island (a total sleeper and well worth the watch) on fucking Blu-Ray!!!

After that, it was a quick bounce to Home Depot for flashlights, and then we headed to Best Buy so Mike could buy a monitor for his computer. While there, I indulged and bought Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2. What can I say?

Anyhow, we got home from all this at about 8 or so, which gave me an hour before I had to be to work. I wolfed down a turkey sandwich, and helped Mike get his tv set up, then he gave me a ride to work.

I was there until about an hour and a half ago.

In case you're wondering, I'm fucking bushed, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the photos.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Dinner sounds awesome! I would have been all over that cheese plate like it was my job. :D

Guess who's playing the new Ratchet and Clank? Oh yeah baby!

T.J. said...

Andrea: Yes, cheese is good. I want to get the new R&C, but bought the new Call of Duty instead.