Thursday, January 07, 2010

Living up to the hype....

So, I watched Cloverfield last night, and I have to say, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

It was just about 2 years ago (1/18/09 to be exact) when everyone was talking about this film.

I didn't see it then, nor did I have any desire to. I prolly never would have watched it if I hadn't found a copy of it at work. See, when movies only cost you $1.00-$1.50, it's much easier to make the choice to buy them.

I mean, even if the totally suck, I'm only out a buck and a half.

For those of you that might be contemplating seeing it, I'll tell you that it's shot kind of Blair-Witchish, with the whole 'hand-held' thing going on, and sometimes the angles can be a bit vertiginous.

Even tho it was shot similarly, in my opinion, it's a win, whereas BW was more of an epic fail.

It's more gory than scary, but that's ok. The characters are believable, and the effects are pretty awesome too.

I'm sure I'll watch it again, which is the ultimate compliment from me. If I can watch it a second time, it can't be all that bad.....

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

1. Haven't seen it, but I think I will, now that you mention it.

2. Blair Witch scared the pee out of me in the theatre (I know, RIGHT? WHAT AN IDIOT!!), but I watched it again last year and was all, "seriously? what?"

3. I think maybe your date is wrong. Sorry to be picky.

T.J. said...

PSP: 1. It's worth a look.

2. Heh. My buddy bought it sight unseen, and we watched it together. Total waste of time/money.

3. Sigh....fat fingers. Fixed it.