Friday, January 22, 2010

Phantom pain.....

Well, I suppose by definition it's not actually the same thing, but I have a similar occurrence from time to time.

Approximately 22 years ago or so, my Pops gave me a ring that he'd been wearing.

It was pretty cool. White gold, with a rather stunning star sapphire set in it. I wore that ring on my 'married' finger for....well, just about 21 years.

I took it off now and then, mostly when I was playing golf, but other than that, it stayed right there.

Since it seemed like it could be a 'tradition' type of thing, I gave Michael the ring just before he turned 21.

Funny thing is, I can sometimes still feel that fucking ring on my finger. It's been over a year now, and I sometimes still 'feel' it slipping around, and I use my thumb to adjust it back so that the stone's on top of my finger.

It's weird. I mean, I can really feel the damn thing there.

Well, until I go to adjust it, cause in fact it's not there anymore.

It's funny how/what the body/mind can do, don't you think?

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: