Monday, July 26, 2004

Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

Another day, another weekend has come and gone. Work was not bad today, except for the slowness of my computer. Was in the high 80's when I was coming home. Wind was up too.

Joy.

I love  the wind.  I'll tell you three things that don't mix:

  1. Wind
  2. Long hair

There's nothing quite as irritating as the feel of hair on your lips, and then to have it held there with a lip balm is just maddening.  I'll tell you what tho Carmex is the pope's hat when it comes to lip protection.  You can keep your Blistex, and your Chap-Stik, or whatever else they're pandering out there these days.

 

I live in what is conviently known as a Dry Midlatitude Climate.  I call it a mountain desert.  In practical terms, this means that you bake all summer, and freeze all winter.  Hot arid winds in the summer;  cold, wet, cutting ones in the winter.  There's always wind.  It's a feature of the landscape.  They are  called Mountain Winds, if you want to look it up. 

 

We do, however, get 4 distinct seasons, which is actually nice, and I can see the actual substance of the Milky Way at night.  Our clouds and sunsets, I wouldn't trade for anything, and through it all, Carmex has been my constant companion.  Even when I moved to other places, lived other me's.  There are reasons, of course.  Not only does it cover and protect your lips, but it also has camphor in it.  Camphor is a great way to stop canker sores.

 

I don't know if you've ever bitten the inside of your cheek, or the bottom of your tounge, and opened one of these nasty bastards, but if you have, you'll appreiciate this.  Application of the smallest amout, once, maybe twice daily, and the sore will never mature.  It's a godsend.

 

Oh, by the way, I paid $1.39 for my last 1/4 ounce jar, and I've had it for about a year and a half now.  Not only that, but it's made by the Carma Lab in Franklin, Wisconsin.  I don't know about you, but I can use all the Karma I can get.

 

Well, enough about Carmex.

 

Later,

 

T.

No comments: