Tuesday, July 13, 2004

It's living history, Ellen...

Spent Sunday last in Virginia City with my son, sister, brother-in-law, and my niece. My son is visiting, and had never been there. There are some interesting things to see there. Among the notables, is one of my favorites.

There is a museum of the Territorial Enterprise, and you can see Mark Twain's desk. He was actually working for the TE when he started using his pseudonym.

The town is kinda touristy, and therefore, a bit overpriced. I hadn't been there in years, and was surprised to find a new business there. In one of the buildings at the North end of town, there is now a pizza joint called The Red Dog Saloon.

Excellent food, and the prices were unbelieveable. Large combo, $14.95. Unheard of in this day and age, and to find it in VC almost caused a heart stoppage.

T.

No comments: