Saturday, July 31, 2004

oh....My.....GOD!!

Not sure if that's a movie quote or not, but it's the only thing I have to say at the moment. I know I promised a drunken update last night, but as I didn't arrive home until 3:30, that's a.m. boys and girls, I didn't have it in me. I swear, sometimes living in Nevada is my own personal cross to bear. I don't know how things are where you live, but there's no 'stop selling alcohol' time in Nevada. It's kinda scary, really. If I had wanted to, I could have stopped at 7-Eleven and picked up a pint of liquor. Or any of the 5 24 hr grocery stores, and picked up a fifth.

Let's see. K was the first person to recognize me. She's one of the people I knew after High School too, so that's not unexpected. Saw a lot of people, had a lot of fun. Drank a LOT of beer. I saw H, my crush. You know, that one...Your forever. God, she looked good. Circumstances didn't allow me to talk to her last night, but I'm sure we'll chat at dinner tonight. If I don't fucking die first.

7:15 is an early wake up call when you get home at 3:30, let me tell you. It's about 3:45 p.m. now, and I'm trying to decide if I have enough time for a short nap. Golf was good. Long tho, as there was a bit of a cock up centered around the shotgun start, so we just lined up. Made for a long wait to get started. I forgot sunscreen again, and got eaten up pretty well by the sun. Heh, happily I plan on wearing a long-sleeved shirt tonight.

Saw Harrold last night too. One of my best buds. I shot pictures of his wedding for him. That was my gift to them. Sometimes, it's almost criminal that I get out of buying/agonizing over a gift by the simple expedient of working 2 or 3 hrs, and getting a free meal, and free booze.

So far, so good, I have to say. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take a hour here and get a good power nap. Just to give you some perspective, I think the first beer was cracked on the 2nd hole...what...8:45-9:00 a.m. It went down hill from there. Not that I'm totally swacked or anything, and of course, I've been using cabs/sober friends to get around, but I'm so tired. And I still have a dinner to go to. My throat is sore from talking over the music last night, and believe me when I tell you that I can.

So, I want to say that I'll update after dinner, but no promises.

Later,

T.

2 comments:

lady godiva said...

well, and here i am with a pitiful excuse for a good time weekend
sounds like you are haveing a great time
i am way jealous
and
happy for you
talk to her at dinner!!!

oh - and you didn't say how you played - after al that sleep...
like crap - or did you wack the ball good?

Beth said...

Hi T! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Always love newcomers. ;) Thank you for your comment, too. I never thought of myself as well written. But, I, too, am a stickler. ;) Hope you had a great dinner!