Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dumbass email of the day.....

Some fuckers just don't get it.

I mean really just don't get it.

In addition to using ebay as a selling tool, we use craigslist. Mostly the things we list there are things we don't put on ebay.

Like cars, you know, big heavy things that I'm not going to ship anywhere.

So, yesterday I got the following email, which I presume is from a craigslist user:

I am interested in the ford expedition you have for sale, do you have in-house financing?

Thanks so much


That's it, no salutation, no name, no phone number nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

So, I showed the email to John, our general manager and lead car salesman. He tells me (as i knew he would) to give the guy (im guessing) our number and have him call, because the details of our in-house financing are too lengthy to go into in an email.

So, I sent him the following response:

Yes, we do offer in-house financing. For details, please call John, the General Manager. Our number is 775-882-8882, or 888-775-4949.

Thanks,

T.


Problem solved, right?

Only not so much.....

This morning, in my inbox, I found the following:

was interested in the 2004 expedition, you are asking 19.995.00 and KBB only has the vehicle as being worth around $15,000.00. Thank you for responding to my e-mail.
Thanks


Shaking my head in disbelief, I basically copied and pasted my previous response and sent it back off.

What part of call us is so fucking unclear?

I even gave him the toll free number for fuck's sake. People like this make my teeth itch.

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thank you for posting.
My day is now complete. Even though it was a rant.

People like that make my teeth itch, too. Seriously.

And apparently this itchy tooth person never thought of a company wanting to make a profit, for the love of all that is HOLY.

Cripes!

T.J. said...

Uhm....most of my posts are rants...

What, have you been living in a cave?

T.

Beth said...

Yes. Actually. In a manner of speaking, yes.

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

You know, I never realized that my teeth get itchy before, but they So Do! I like being rude to people on the phone, and I am totally allowed to in the course of my job. Sounds like you aren't, and I hate that for you... but at least you could send him a snippy email response, could you not?