Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where there's smoke, there's....well, smoke.....

I'm sure you've heard about the wildfires in Northern California, but if you haven't, there's like 800 of them or something.

I guess I don't need to tell you that those fires are making a lot of smoke. What makes this fun for Carson City is that due to a quirk of geology, and or weather patterns, roughly 80% of the smoke from these fires has filled the Great Basin.

I mean, it's fucking bad. I was going to post pix, but I left my card at work (like the dumbass i am) so I went and took this picture, which doesn't even begin to show how bad it's been. In the other pix, you can't see the mountains...




So, in the comments on the last post, PSP asked me my feelings about the phrase 'I could care less.'

Craizer than I have words to tell...

Well, at least tonight, because that's a whole post unto itself.

Ok, think it's time for some eq.....

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Kelwhy said...

man, that's crazy! so much smoke... hmmmm....

hope you have a good day anyway.

Beth said...

Crap. I thought I commented on this earlier or something. But, I guess I did not. What an idjit. Heh.

Soooo glad I don't live out there anymore. Cali is just going to burn to a crisp and blow away.

I am so thankful to be where I am. I only wish I could convince some of my favorite people to move...elsewhere. :D