Monday, June 02, 2008

I think I'm moving to Mercury.....

I know, it's been days.

I know, I suck.

I don't blame myself, though. No, I blame the planet Earth. See, what I think happened was this: A couple billion years ago, Mercury and Earth were competing for 'Habitable Planet of the Solar System,' and with guile and trickery, Earth snuck in as the winner with it's paltry 24 hr day.

Mercury, by comparision has a day that lasts 1407.5 hours, or approximately 58 earth days. Now, if I had that many hours in a day, I might actually get some shit done. I mean, for real, right?

Of course, Mercury's year is shorter, a mere 88 of our days long, but with all that time per day, I'm pretty sure I could handle the shorter year. Not to mention the gravity differential. It's got, like a third the gravity of Earth. A hundred pound on Earth is roughly 38 lbs on Mars.

The roughly 800 degree surface temperatures might present a problem, but I figure I'll just get a couple of the top of the line
Trane systems, and I'll be sitting in air conditioned bliss, weighing much less than I'm used to, and finally having enough hours in my day.

Any of y'all that want to come are invited, just remember to bring sunblock and your own self contained living environment.

Buenos con queso,

T.

ps all mercury data shamelessly stolen from here

No comments: