Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm gonna give you a little somthin' you cain't take off.....

So, Michael and I went and saw Inglorious Basterds last night.

As an added bonus, Scotty went with us.

Now, I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I'm a huge fan of Quentin Tarantino and his various movies.

That being said, last nights experience was unique in that it's the first time I've gotten to go see one of his works in the theatre.

Not only that, but the 3 of us were at a midnight showing on premiere night.

I prolly don't need to tell you this, but the movie was fucking awesome!!

Now, you know that even when I 'review' movies here I rarely give away secrets or include 'spoilers' and today won't be any different.

I will say that Brad Pitt turns in a fantastic performance, as does Diane Kruger who is the only other person whose name I recognize. The rest of the actors and actresses are great too, but those are the only 2 that I know by name.

In case you haven't heard, it's a movie based in WWII, and is about killing Nazi's. I don't count that as a spoiler, as if you've seen a preview, you already know that. If you haven't....well, go Apple.com/quicktime or something and watch a trailer or 2.

Ok, so it was a great night at the movies, and a fucking awesome movie.

Oh, and the theatre was packed with smokin' hotties.

I mean, they were fucking everywhere. Of course, if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that I most of them were young enough to be my daughter, but that didn't stop them from being hot.

Anyhow, we crashed at L's house in Reno, and that's where I'm blogging from.

I should warn you that if you do decide to see this flick, prepare yourself. This is not a warm and fuzzy movie. It's harsh, stark, and violent as hell.

I think you should all go see it and then come here and tell me what you thought.

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Hawt is hawt. :D At least you got a little entertainment before the main event. ;)

We so want to see this movie! Totally worth checking the theater out then?

Is Michael in Reno for the rest of the summer? Oooo that would be nice, eh? :D

T.J. said...

Andie: Heh, true. It did make me feel old for a minute or 2 tho...

I'd say totally go see it in the theater. It's one you'll prolly wish you had seen in the theater if you don't.

Oh, and yes, Michael's still here. Will be at least through the middle of Sept (dland) and maybe longer. He's not sure yet.

Whiskeymarie said...

I need to see this, but I think it will be a bit before I have time, dammit.

T.J. said...

Whiskeymarie: Yes, you do. I hope that time is kind to you and lets you go sooner, rather than later.