Tuesday, August 04, 2009

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women, no fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark......

Ok, you get a million bonus points if you know what song that's from (you there psp). So, I know I haven't posted in a couple of days, and I wish I had a better excuse, but I really don't.

I just haven't felt like it.

See, I try and have something to say when I come here to share. It doesn't always work out that way of course, but I always try.

Lately, there just hasn't been much going on. I mean, we've had family dinner, and I owe y'all some pix from same, but I'm lame like that.

I could also tell you how fucking hot it's been, but who really wants to hear that. Either you're sweltering too, or it's been unseasonably cold, and you wish it was warmer.

I don't think that I've mentioned that my car's been out of commision. It died on July 4th, on the way to my work party, and has been sitting in the driveway ever since. Today, I got the bad news from my mechanic that it's prolly a goner.

See, the timing belt went this time, and while it's fixable, it's also probable that the motor has suffered from this, and in all likelihood it will fail again. It's kind of funny that Michael arrived like 2 days before my car died, so we've been able to get around (and ive gotten rides to/from work) but he's been helping out my buddy J by babysitting in the am's.

That means I've had a few walks to/from work lately, which, coupled with the blast furnace temps we've had lately has just been fucking fabbo. Odds are, I get to walk tomorrow too.

In anticipation, I'm charging my iPod, as it was almost dead. While doing that, I was perusing my library (as i usually do) and picking random songs to listen to. I found the song that the title comes from, and remembered (again) how much I love it. In fact, I put it on repeat and listened to it like 5 times in a row.

I love it that much.

I suppose one of these days I can post the answers to my last music related post. Let me know if you want to read what the songs were.

Buenos con queso,

T.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese! What do I win? :)

Sounds like it's time to cash in that clunker...

I have that one on my iPod, too - Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion Soundtrack. Yes, I'm a dork!

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Q Beat me!!! But I knew it!!! I've missed you!

T.J. said...

Q: Got it in one. Do you know who sings it?

PSP: I knew you'd know. But again, do you know the band?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I think I might need some smellin' salts cuz I seem to be feelin' The Vapors...

T.J. said...

Q: I think I love you.....