Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's funny how one little thing can totally change your day.....

Michael and I didn't really have any plans for today (which is a plan in itself for us sometimes) and I was up playing EQ (which ive been neglecting for some time now) when Michael woke up.

We hung out a bit, and then left the house on a relatively simple errand, but in the course of taking care of that, I hooked up with an old friend (that i havent seen in a couple years at least) and we end up at his buddies house, who just happens to be having a garage sale.

So, of course, I looked around, and bought a couple things, then the other customer left, and we all went inside for a beer. We were hanging out and enjoying a cool one, and another customer shows up.

While he's outside, my friend starts telling me about this 'petrified wood field' up the wash behind this guys house. Well, if you know anything about me (or michael for that matter) you know that we immediately set off in quest of the elusive petrified wood.

We hiked a whole ton, and were helped by a nice little overcast that sprouted up, and some very nice little breezes.

I'm happy to report that both Michael and I found some. Now, at first I just found a couple of pieces, and I would have been happy with that, but after some more hiking, we came to a place that was covered with it.

I must have had like 2 or 3 pounds of it when I finally decided not to get greedy, and just go. I need to clean it all up, so you can't see it yet, but the new header pic is a piece of the wood I found.

That's what she said.

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

HoosierHerm said...

What Guy doesn't like some morning wood, especially if it's petrified !
Oh, if that happens, and it stays petrified for over 4 hours, call your doctor, or waddle on down to the ER, and show them the definition of "Blue Steel Boner".

But really, love the new Header, it looks edible?, are you sure this isn't a petrified candy bar ? If so, I bet it's one from Mars ! LoL


Word verification = "sclation"
Monkee's definition = "Take the last train to Clarksville and I'll meet you at the sclation !"

Whiskeymarie said...

So cool- I always thought that thin slices of petrified wood would make cool jewelry.

I would have been greedy and taken as much as I could have...
;)

T.J. said...

Herm: You're terrible. It does look like candy, though, doesn't it?

Whiskeymarie: Don't worry, after seeing some of the stuff that they got when *they* went up there, believe me, the return trip will be much more prepared for...

And I intend to bring back huge amounts of stuff.