Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wet socks = Death.....

I've been aroud for a lot of years, and I've learned that a lot of people have a lot of opinions about a lot of things.

And almost nobody agrees on anything.

I think I've uncovered a rarity tho, an bona fide universal fucking truth.

Everyone I've talked to about it (not a huge number but enough) if firmy of the opinion that stepping in something wet while wearing socks is the worst fucking thing in the world.

I've held this to be true for years now, and just recently, through whatever serendipity drives the universe, I've had conversations about it with no less than 5 people, and we all agree.

It fucking sucks like no other.

I mean, for me? I'd almost rather shoot myself in the foot, or even have it amputate than feel that soggy, clingy, nastiness.

It's as fucked up as things get, and I want it to stop.

I know it won't tho. I mean, it's summer, so I'm not running around in my socks much, but come winter I will be.

If I have the misfortune to step in something wet, keep your ears open.

Either for my screams of disgust and dismay, or for the sound of my pistol as I shoot myself in the offending appendage.....

Buenos con queso,

T.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 9 yr. old stepped in something wet tonight & squealed. This atrocity affects all ages!!

Unknown said...

How the hell are ya TJ!

HoosierHerm said...

Yep, it's a universal gross-out ! I especially hate it when walking over large mounds of decomposing bodies in my stocking feet, and one of them bursts ! Yes, I know that's pretty mundane, but I find it terribly offensive, and the socks never smell fresh again ! Even Fabreeze won't fix that !

Today's Code word = kinge
Sort of like touche`, when you jump an opponent's checker, you yell "kinge`".

Kelwhy said...

[shiver] hate that too...

T.J. said...

Q: Yeah, it's the worst. I'm just sayin'.

James: Hey buddy. 'Bout fuckin' time you started commenting.

Herm: Eeew....That's just gross.

Kelwhy: It totally ruins my day when it happens.