Monday, August 31, 2009

I had sushi today.....

FINALLY

I've been joanzing for it for ages now, and today, I finally reached my breaking point.

I don't know if I've mentioned, but there's this place called National's Cafe on main street here in ol' C-town. It a tough place to spot if you don't know what you're looking for, and it's in a building that's been like.....everything.

It was a sub shop. It was a taco joint. I think it was even a coffee shop once....

But, I digress.

It kinda looks like a dive from the outside:

Dive

When that window opens, click on 'street view' then use the navigator in the upper left of the pic to click left once.

It's the blue and white building.

It doesn't look like much, but, as I've always been told, looks aren't everything.

I can report to you, however, that inside those humble walls dwells the best sushi in Carson City.

To wit, the Fire Roll: Deep fried assorted fish tempura with eel sauce & spicy sauce.

Again, it sounds humble, but I let 2 other people try it today, and both agreed that it was the shiznit. They have other stuff, but that's the one that I've been salivating over now for....well, since the last time I was there, I guess. I had one of those, and the boring Californa roll (crab avocado cucumber & tobiko) and it was divine.In addition to their ala carte menu, which is outstanding, they're also one of the sushi places in town that offer an all you can eat special. Yes, you read that right, all you can eat. Dinner is $18.50.

Lunch? A mere $15.50.

It's a good thing I got to have a trancendental experience today, because the rest of my day was an absolutely smoking turd.

Just the fact that I was on the counter for most of my shift today should give you a little insight. Cause, y'know...I don't work the register.

Ever.

I also worked a full hour of overtime, so I had a tasty 9 hour day.

I'm home now, though, and things are much better.

I just thought I'd share my sushi story before I fire up eq....

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Kelwhy said...

sounds quite delish... yum.

dives are always the best.

Anonymous said...

I should really try some sushi someday...

T.J. said...

Kelwhy: It was. Now, of course, I want more...

Q: You totally should. I was kinda leary at first, but now? Hell, I'd eat it 3 or 4 times a week if I could afford it.