Sunday, August 02, 2009

Even better than meteors.....

We're in the middle of what could be called 'summer storm season' here in the Great Basin. In days gone by, most of the Summer here was thunderstorm season. Over the years, as humans have continued to fuck up the weather patterns, we've seen considerably fewer storms.

Also, for whatever reason, most of the damn things have been hitting during the day, which is distressing for me. Not only because I'm at work, and can't really enjoy them, but also because it's virtually impossible to get any good lightning pictures during a daylight storm.

Now, I imagine you're all wondering where this is going. I can hear the ruminations from here. Ok, I'll let you out of the suspense closet, and present you with these:






















In case you can't tell, I'm pretty stoked. Not only was I able to enjoy the light and sound show, but I also got some new photos for my 'folio. It always makes me happy when I can get some nice lighting pictures. Now, I want you all to pray for more storms tonight.

In other news, it's Q's birthday, so why don't you head on over and wish her a happy one?

Also, I did not sign up for NaBloPoMo this month, and even if I had, I'd already have fucked it up, as you can clearly see by looking at my blog.

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics are AWESOME! I still need to learn how to shoot better photos at night.

Thanks for the shout-out! It's been a full day - time to go crash!

Have a good week :)

Oh yeah, I bought you something yesterday. Remind me to get it in the mail this week lol.

T.J. said...

Q: Thanks. It was a good night for photos, that's for sure. Getting night shots is pretty easy if you have the right camera. Shoot me an email and I'll tell you all about it.....

Kelwhy said...

i really love lightening - so awesome!

HoosierHerm said...

As Usual, Your Lightening Pic's are "Shockingly" good !
I mean to say, they Really "Electrified" me !
These are also very high on the "Arc" of nature photography !
Just looking at them has "Jolted" me out of my boredom.
If you don't find my Puns hilarious,...well, just "Go fly a Kite".